3 T Extra virgin olive oil
2 small red potatoes, sliced
1 small red onion, sliced
2 handfuls baby spinach, (about 2 cups – not packed)
Fresh mozzarella, sliced (optional-I got a little excited about the
mozzarella because it’s been almost 9 months since I’ve had any,
but I’ve been making this without cheese and it’s delicious still!)
A small bunch of basil leaves, chiffonade
Sea salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a stainless steel sauté pan, add 1 T olive oil, sliced potatoes and a pinch of salt and cook over medium heat. Flip potatoes over so they are well cooked on both sides. They may get a bit browned, but this is up to you. Set aside.
2. Caramelize the onions in the same sauté pan with another T of olive oil. Set aside.
3. Sauté the spinach in the same pan until just wilted. Set aside.
4. Whisk the eggs gently and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat the sauté pan over low-medium heat and add eggs. Using a spatula, scrape in the edges of the eggs as they cook allowing the runny part on top to fill the gap. Keep doing this all around until the top isn’t so runny (but still wet).
5. Add your toppings. I did potatoes then onions then spinach and cheese last.
6. Place the sauté pan under the broiler on low, and in the center of your oven, for about 5-7 minutes to cook the top and set the toppings.
7. Garnish with threads of basil leaves.
Enjoy! (We usually do a green salad on the side…yumma!)