Makes 1 loaf
1 C spelt flour
1/2 C oat flour
1/4 Ground Flax Seeds
1 T cinnamon
2 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1/2 t sea salt
3 very ripe bananas
1/2 C raw honey (if you have it:)
2 large organic eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 C unrefined extra-virgin coconut oil or melted unsalted butter (organic &/or pastured if you have it:)
1/2 C chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a 8.5″X4.5″ bread loaf pan with parchment paper. (I made 3 smaller ones, but this recipe will make one nice sized loaf.)
2. Mix all dry ingredients thoroughly.
3. In a medium bowl, mash bananas well, add honey and stir to combine. Let sit for a few minutes before adding the eggs and oil (butter). Then combine all well.
4. Make a well in the center of flour mixture and add wet mixture. Stir to combine but don’t over mix.
5. Add mixture to loaf pan and top with walnuts.
6. Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes or until top and edges are golden brown. It’s a good idea to turn the bread around midway through baking time for a more evenly baked and moist loaf.