Makes 3 Cups
3 C beets, julienned or shredded (about 3-4 medium beets)
1/4 C golden raisins (optional)
2 T parsley, finely chopped
1 T sesame seeds, toasted
For the dressing:
2 T tahini
1 T brown rice vinegar
(I’ve also used champagne vinegar and apple cider vinegar with equal success.)
1 T maple syrup
1/4 C fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 t ground cumin
Sea salt, to taste
1. Trim ends of beets and peel with a vegetable peeler. I chose to julienne the beets instead of shredding them this time. I used a mandolin to get even planks and then cut 1/8″ rods using a chef’s knife. I think it looks a bit nicer and I love the extra cutting practice. (I have many times shredded the beets in a food processor however, and it’s just as delicious!)
2. Combine julienned/shredded beets with raisins and set aside.
3. Mix all dressing ingredients together and whisk thoroughly until well combined.
4. Add dressing to beets and raisins.
5. When serving, top with sesame seeds.