Adapted from The Roasted Root
Made 1 loaf
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
3-4 ripe bananas, mashed (2 cups)
3 T grade B maple syrup
2 t vanilla extract
2 T coconut oil
½ cup coconut flour
1/2 t sea salt
2 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground nutmeg
1 t baking powder
½ t baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F or 170 degrees C. Lightly oil an 8” x 5” loaf pan.
2. In a small bowl combine the wet ingredients; mashed banana, beaten eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut oil
3. In a separate bowl stir together the dry ingredients; coconut flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg baking powder, and baking soda
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until combined. Allow the batter to sit for 5 minutes before pouring it into the prepared loaf pan. (I found this part important.) Then, sprinkle the shredded coconut over the loaf.
5. Bake on the center rack in the oven for 40 to 55 minutes. Check it at 40min and test to see if a toothpick inserted comes out clean. My oven is crazy hot and it was done in about 42 minutes.
6. Remove bread from the oven and allow it to sit for 30 minutes before turning it out onto a cutting board. Cut thick slices and serve with butter or coconut oil and honey.