Makes 5 Cups
6 C water
10-12 cardamom pods
1 cinnamon stick
4-5 black peppercorns
1 star anise
3 whole cloves
2 T Dark Obsession Chocolate Rose
1. Bring water and all spices to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Covered, let spices steep for 10 minutes. Then, return to a boil and promptly remove from heat.
3. Add tea and let steep for 5-7 minutes
4. Strain and discard tea and spices. Let tea cool to room temperature and then refrigerate. Unless you’re having a cup immediately, then prepare as per instructions below, or to taste!
1. While tea is settling, bring 3/4 C of milk (dairy or non-dairy) to a simmer and add to tea.
2. Add 2 T maple syrup or sweetener of choice. (Optional-you could also add 1t vanilla extract.)
3. Serve in individual cups and ENJOY!