Makes 1.5 Cups
1/2 C amaranth, soaked in 1 C water and 1 T lemon juice
1/2 C coconut milk
1/4 t sea salt
1 t vanilla extract
3 T raisins
1 T unrefined, extra virgin coconut oil
1/4 C stewed apple, diced (bananas work lovely wonders here, too)
sprinkle of ground cinnamon
sprinkle of freshly grated nutmeg
1. Place amaranth with its soaking water, coconut milk and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil then lower heat to simmer.
2. Add vanilla extract and raisins and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often, until the liquid has gotten thick and creamy.
3. Remove from heat and stir in coconut oil.
4. Serve by scooping some of the pudding into a bowl and topping with apples, cinnamon and nutmeg.
5. Enjoy! (And if you’re feeding this to a little one, don’t be put off by the mess. Just be prepared to find amaranth EVERYWHERE – remember it’s “never-fading” – and know that it’s well worth it!)